Old 09-12-23, 01:42 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26475 Post(s)
Liked 10,440 Times in 7,243 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs

I can absolutely guarantee you that there are no organizations of producers or promoters of e-bikes which are devising these regulations and lobbying to get them enacted ... on Mars .... (or on the paper or the cheese Moons.)

It is not a conspiracy, it is a random concatenation of unexpected occurrences which just happen all to favor the people trying to make a quick killing on e-bikes.
...thanks. I'll go back to ignoring you, and you can go back to telling people they are dishonest. It's comforting to know that none of these legislative efforts on state and federal levels, had manufacturers involved. Where would that leave us, with regard to legislation ?

This lobbying trip I’m on was set up by PeopleForBikes, an industry coalition that essentially functions as the cycling industry’s cheerleader. The organization works with the government to secure funding for bike infrastructure. They also fund community grants and programs, while initiating and supporting programs that aim to improve cycling globally and locally. They educate, they make connections and they advocate for positive change. A few years back PeopleForBikes realized that cycling didn’t have a very good reputation in government, so they developed this particular ‘championing’ program that I am on. The goal? Elevate the cycling industry’s presence in congress.

“PFB initiated the program to give a voice to the $80-billion U.S. bike industry and the 770,000 jobs we create,” says Jenn Dice, PeopleForBikes’ VP of Business Network and one of our hosts for the trip.

“We started this program two years ago and host four to five Washington, DC fly-ins a year, cycling through the men and women of the bike industry to tell the story of their business, and how the decisions Congress makes affects people and bike access back at home. You can’t show up once a year and hope they remember you. Only through a consistent industry and bike presence in DC can we truly move the needle for more and better biking.”

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/People...ikes-2016.html
Note the key phrases, which I have bolded for you to make it easier. Note also that everyone from Specialized on down, jumped in early on this as a way to sell more product. More and stricter regulation = sell less product. It's a relatively simple equation.