View Single Post
Old 09-14-23, 01:06 AM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2053 Post(s)
Liked 1,548 Times in 1,072 Posts
Originally Posted by Broctoon
I’m kind of the same way with crossing, but more than this, I dislike out and back routes. When biking, running, hiking or walking, I always look for ways to make a loop route. If this is really not practical, I will do an out and back.
I don't mind crossing over, but I do my best not to repeat any segments that I have ridden, even in the opposite direction. Thus, I strongly prefer loops over out and back routes. I think this preference stems from loops feeling like one has been to and seen more places. The slower I go, the stronger this preference. Thus, when I go hiking with my wife, I suggest that (1) we drive separately to the end point where she would leave her car; (2) I drive her in my car to the start point where I would leave my car; (3) we hike together to the end point; (4) I drive us back in her car to the start point to retrieve my car; and (5) we separately drive home. (Yes, this suggestion is really impractical.) She looks at me like I am crazy and asks why we don't just take one car to either the start point or the end point and hike out and back?