rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2746 Post(s)
Liked 6,099 Times in 3,110 Posts
Originally Posted by AJW2W11E
I was riding hard on the last leg of 25 miles back in July. There's a short 30 degree rocky hill that I have to climb to get home. On a hot day, it's a challenge. After that I must have veered into the left side of the trail and an oncoming bicyclist shouted loudly and cursed at me. (
I've had people veer across my path, and I've never complained. )
I never thought much about it at that time , but the last few weeks I'm starting to see this guy regularly coming my way on rides, riding the same trail as me . He's 60 plus with Grey hair and he's in pretty good shape. Everytime I see him, he shouts loudly at me.
Today I tossed out the famous two word profanity in return to him.
A smarter me would have said nothing and even smiled, but that's easier said than done when you're streaming along briskly and you're using the primal side of your brain.
I regretted it instantly. De- escalation is the best thing to do in conflict. This is really childish. On the other hand a nasty person is a nasty person, and manners don't always work. I have no idea.
Being 60 plus, I do have one mature insight. Everything just rolls along and passes into time and nothing is really significant. This will all pass.
beware painting all over 50 dressed in kit with the same broad brush. This goes for most anything else <- Talk about a broad generalization