Old 09-19-23, 06:07 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Well, it may not be scientific but it’s a data point, here’s a photo from Wally’s Bicycle Works Facebook page post Eroica showing many of the bikes they loaned or rented out for the weekend. If you look closely, you’ll see one bike with rider rage #519. Hopefully that means more than 500 classic riders. That would still be a pretty good turnout, all things considered.

edit: well, per Thanh, over 300 would be a reach. Apparently some high number were given out but they were not in sequence. #293 was mentioned below and picked up the morning of, again, not sure if in sequence or not. Oh well.

I don’t have info on what happened with Nova Eroica, did they ride separately on Saturday as originally planned or did they ride with the classic riders? Did they use separate Nova numbers or the same as Classic? That way we can see if there were additional Nova riders not counted among the Classic numbers.

edit: yes, the Nova riders did have separate numbers, you can see in Than’s Nova pics his number 56 is visible with a different color scheme. I do wish they printed all the numbers on both sides instead of one so you could catch it viewing either side. Will look for other Nova pics.

Wally’s Facebook link won’t post for some reason or at least I can’t see it below. Check Facebook and look for Wally’s Bike Works.

Facebook Post " data-width="500" data-show-text="true" data-lazy="true">
Facebook Post " class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore">Facebook Post

#519 way back there

#40 in the foreground

Repairs at one of the stops

Last edited by mech986; 09-19-23 at 08:14 PM.
Likes For mech986: