I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6344 Post(s)
Liked 4,943 Times in 3,405 Posts
Originally Posted by noimagination
Um.

My new 2023 bike is 2 lb lighter than my 1995 bike (fully equipped - pedals, saddle, bottle cages, saddle bag, rack, fenders, etc.). This is pretty significant as far as bike weights go, but it isn't 10 lb. If you go full-on weight weenie, you may see a 10lb difference, but I wouldn't count on that big a difference for a bike in the $2,500 range.
It's not my fault you bought a heavier bike. There are lighter ones around if you'd only cared to look.

Certainly a road bike can be found that is 7-8 lbs lighter than the 27 pound bike of the OP for $2500. All you have to do when shopping is have them weigh it. Most every shop I've been to has a scale to demonstrate the weight for you. Eliminate those that are above whatever weight criteria you make for yourself.

My new bike is 5 pounds lighter than my previous 22 pound bike. After I got it and was riding familiar routes, I'd sometimes have to think and wonder where those hills were that use to give me trouble on the old bike. Usually I'd just climbed them 30 seconds prior to that.

Weight savings and more aero is cummulative for the entire ride. So even a little bit adds up on longer rides to let you go farther and be faster at the end.

Last edited by Iride01; 09-22-23 at 08:31 AM.