View Single Post
Old 09-24-23, 06:40 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Liked 1,728 Times in 985 Posts
Every time this comes up, my advice is to start off freshly cleaned & scrubbed. Then some one says: "Hey, man! Nice dig." It's not a meant to be a dig. It's meant to be practical advice. When you start fresh there is less microbial beginnings for exponential growth. Start clean, arrive clean.

A good anti-perspirant will further inhibit a microbial friendly environment.

Next: Synthetic clothing, as has been mentioned. I wear Calvin Klein polyester/lycra underwear, Columbia nylon/poly blend hiking cargo pants that convert to shorts and a standard mix of Nike DryFit or Champion polyesther/spandex athletic wear t-shirts. Every company has their own brand name. GoodWill and other thrift stores are a good source for sports wear the original owner only wore once before giving up on a lifestyle change. The end goal is supreme breathability and quick drying afforded by not being susceptible to moisture absorbtion from either yourself or the weather.

Next is biking for transportation shouldn't require a great deal of sweating. It's ok to modulate your effort.

I ride 8 miles each way & life is good as is. I do have a work uniform. I change cloths at work because my job is to pick up heavy thing covered in grime & oil not because of hygeine. So, I gotta change clothes no matter what if I like the cloths I happened to wear that day. I only felt the need for dedicated cycling gear when it was a 12 mile commute with a different employer. Even then, the mandatory costume change was a work requirement, not a hygeine requirement

The key is to modulate your effort, wear all breathable clothes, and to start off the day clean and scrubbed with hot soapy water.

Last edited by base2; 09-24-23 at 06:43 PM.