View Single Post
Old 09-26-23, 09:03 PM
campfire

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 166 Times in 84 Posts
I made the following repairs:

Broken battery mount - replaced under warranty.
Flat tire - turned out that the wreck dislodged a patch that I had used for the one time I picked up a staple. I took this as a sign that it was time to mount up my "carless whisper" tire with Tannus Armour insert.
Crooked handlebars - needed to be straightened. Also has a minor amount of looseness in the tilt-adjust portion of the riser.

That was enough to get the bike through a test ride. It definitely sustained some wear & tear, but it rode well enough that I've continued using it for commuter duty. The new bike is now the designated kid-hauler, but this bike has accumulated another ~300 miles since the wreck. Not as many as I originally expected, but we've been biking less since the wreck.

Other noteworthy damage:
Bent running board & scratched front rack - not surprising given how the bike landed.
Cracked display mount - decided not to repair this (yet?).
Bent cage - not sure whether to remove it and reverse its direction or to leave it as is. I worry its mounting plates might spring out of alignment if I loosen the bolts. Hasn't been a problem yet aside from blocking access to the rear battery mount.