View Single Post
Old 09-27-23, 08:25 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3365 Post(s)
Liked 2,197 Times in 1,245 Posts
This would want to be a 'soup to nuts' business. What you are advertising to us folks in the lower 48 is the ability to get on a plane, fly to Anchorage, get to the shop, pick up an appropriatley sized touring bike, complete with panniers, sleeping bag and pad, tent, cook gear - I.E. stove and pots, food choices to be made, etc..... Including route options that detail distances and places to camp. In other words, you are essentially an outfitter for everything needed. You tell the clients what clothing to bring, including cycling specific shorts, jerseys, gloves, helmet (maybe you provide that). You provide and rent/sell everything else. You would be buying a fleet of touring capable bikes in assorted sizes plus all the needed touring gear.

Just providing bikes assumes the client has all the required panniers and gear and is flying in with that stuff. Yes, they avoid having to ship/fly their own bike, but if I owned all the gear to do a bike tour I would own a bike first and foremost and would prefer to use what I know works for me, so would pay to have that sent to Alaska, thus would not desire to rent locally.

My $.02
Likes For Steve B.: