Old 09-28-23, 03:39 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Liked 454 Times in 323 Posts
Originally Posted by ark40
Latex tubes, can get butyl if it makes a noticeable difference, Roval's Fusée EL 28 wheels.
I looked up those wheels and they don’t appear to be tubeless ready. If they had been tubeless compatible I was going to suggest you try tubeless since 25mm road tubeless tires can have a much more compliant ride with chipseal thanks to supporting lower tire pressures. You didn’t say what your body weight is but the wider tire trend and lower tire pressure trend can help you here even if you are limited to 25mm tires max. I’ve heard that the SRAM website has a good tire pressure calculator,

Since you say you are already running latex tubes you can enjoy their softer ride now. Since you say they ride rough on chipseal Incan only assume you are over pressuring them. Even with 23mm tires, latex tubes Continental GP 5000’s should provide a reasonably compliant ride. I weigh ~190# for example and if riding my titanium bike with latex tubes, I can run as low as 69/70 psi front and 72-80 psi in the rear (even on 23’s) and get a ride so plush that I can ride the cracked pavement near the gutter and not suffer too bad.