View Single Post
Old 10-06-23, 08:47 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11048 Post(s)
Liked 7,596 Times in 4,236 Posts
Originally Posted by danallen
I like the flat pedals, with the screws stick-out to keep my foot from slipping. I don't like any sort of clips or other kind of attaching foot to pedal, because sometimes I use my foot to avoid falling down. In those situations, my foot needs to get off that pedal in a hurry.

I have seen pedals like this marketed as MTB/Road pedals. These are marked only MTB. What is it about these pedals they are not marked for a road bike?
Ride what you want- its been said they will help move your road bike forward and thats ultimately what matters most.
Im just chiming in to respond to your comment in red- people that use SPD pedals(clips to the shoe) can get their foot off the pedal just as quickly as if they were on platform pedals. There is no resistance or delay when unclipping. Typically there is little to no concern about having to get a foot down quickly when riding a road bike because there is no technical riding(no logs, creeks, sand on turns, roots, etc).

Again, just mentioning this to clear up confusion, but use what you want.
Likes For mstateglfr: