Old 10-09-23, 09:30 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11051 Post(s)
Liked 7,600 Times in 4,239 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
Well, OK, but the thread is about how the OP can't find the bike he wants, and my take on that is that he's not being resourceful. If he wants a Surly or a Salsa, he can walk past all the bikes on display which offend him so much and discuss purchasing the one he wants quite easily.

Can you accept that?
1- The OP is trolling or not serious. I hope that is something we can both actually agree on. What the OP wants is a unicorn, so lets leave the OP's wants back on page 1.
2- If we are going to actually take the OP seriously, then the OP is frustrated there are no bikes IN STOCK that match how the OP rides. So in that instance, a shop that physically carries the bikes you are referring to and displays them on the floor is the solution. Just saying 'it can be ordered' doesnt resolve the issue(one of many stated issues), which is that nothing is in stock on the shop floor that appeals to the OP. So yeah, when a shop has a bunch of Surly and Salsa bikes in stock on their shop floor, they will be viewed as a Surly and Salsa dealer when compared to shops that only have Trek/Giant/Specialized on display.
3- The OP wants a flat bar rolhoff hub touring bike. Salsa does not sell such a bike. To do what you suggest, the OP would have to talk with the shop and commit to buying a Salsa Marrakesh frameset, then build it up with a flatbar and rolhoff hub. And this would need to be done sight unseen without testing the bike fit. That is a very expensive risk.

I dont think the OP is serious or genuine in these complaints, but I also dont think your solution is realistic.
"I cant find the type of bike I like in a shop!"
"You just arent being resourceful enough! You need to go buy a frameset without seeing it in person much less confirming you like the geometry, and then you need to order all the components and have the shop build it up after you paid for it!"

Yeah...that doesnt solve the issue of not seeing the type of bike the OP likes on a shop floor.