Old 10-09-23, 10:58 AM
Branko D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked 408 Times in 252 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I dont think the OP is serious or genuine in these complaints, but I also dont think your solution is realistic.
"I cant find the type of bike I like in a shop!"
"You just arent being resourceful enough! You need to go buy a frameset without seeing it in person much less confirming you like the geometry, and then you need to order all the components and have the shop build it up after you paid for it!"

Yeah...that doesnt solve the issue of not seeing the type of bike the OP likes on a shop floor.
You've got a point. Here I think Canyon struck gold at least here in Europe where although you don't see the bike on the shop floor, you can order it online and return it without any problems within a month and I know people who did just that. Lifesaver for us in smaller cities where the local bike shop just won't stock a, say, TT bike.

Of course if you want something truly esoteric... ordering it custom, sight unseen, is often the only option and it brings risks with it. However I think that wanting something esoteric without knowing exactly what and why you need it and what bike geometry fits you is borne out of preconceived notions, not real knowledge backed by experience and understanding.

If the OP went "I'm building an around the world touring bike and I'm annoyed that there are no bike shops which stock the frames I'd like to try." I'd have a lot more understanding than this "I want a different bike because I am different".

Last edited by Branko D; 10-09-23 at 11:03 AM.