View Single Post
Old 10-12-23, 02:59 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 123 Posts
I had bike go out from under me on ice in Dec 2015. Had a non dsiplaced hip fractuce at the neck. The surgeon did 3 canulated screws and I walk around the hospital floor 3 times about 4 hours later. I went home with catheter due to enlarged prostate (BPH) and that was worse than the surgery for one week. I was always able to walk but had to be careful. The doctor knew me and I started out right away doing my own PT. They gave me the stuff and I went at it at home. DR allowed me to get on the trainer a week after surgery as long as I did not push or hae pain. I remember I could not bend easy to reach drops has to ride upright.

I was walking for a bit after about 6 weeks on treadmill easy. I went back to riding outside in about 9 weeks. Finally I am a long distance runner and was able to run 5 miles at about 16 weeks. I was very lucky with it not being displace fx. There is a chance always that hip does not get blood flow and hip replacement is necessay due to the way it flows into the head of hip/femur. I was on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception I felt the prayers.

The update these days is I still have the screws in they don't come out and I cannot tell they are there or any real difference. The only downside is after 42 years of long distance running I developed Runner's dystonia and cannot really run. The brain has forgotten how but that is another story. Be careful on the bike I don't go near ice or snow and even gravel,
Likes For deacon mark: