Old 10-18-23, 01:36 AM
daviddavieboy

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 238 Times in 109 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
You'll pardon me if I think your question is incomplete. . . .And I'm sorry, but "comfort" doesn't cut it. If some other bike was comfortable, it's quite possible the fit was responsible rather than the material on the bars. Height, drop, reach, width, etc. might make a big difference
Originally Posted by RoadWearier
Interesting perspective. I guess I like the old days when riding a bike jut meant hopping on and going.

I do understand their point. As I am older I find myself raising my bars a bit , The days of slamming my stem are gone in favor of flipping the stem up. On good days I can still ride ride long distances in the drops and on others toodle around on the top of the bars or hoods. As far as tape goes I bought a couple rolls of this for different bikes https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

It seems to be very similar to an expensive tape I looked at in a shop (Supacaz Tape). It is very comfortable to me and VERY grippy on the hands even when wet. I only have a couple thousand miles on one bike so I am not sure how long it will last but so far I am very pleased. On my vintage bikes with cotton tape the only way I can ride more than a couple hours is if I ride with gloves.