View Single Post
Old 10-20-23, 06:23 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked 804 Times in 511 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaharmes
I want to get a bike to start biking recreationally but maybe some commuting in the future. I tried to do some research to find the best fit because I purchased a vintage Schwinn World 10 speed based on my 16 year old selfs memories, but I realized that I would prefer to sit more upright at this stage of my life. So now that sits in my basement and I don’t want to make the same mistake twice.

looked at 3 speed bikes realizing that most will require some maintenance to be rideable but what to choose, hub vs derailleur? Now I read that mountain bikes are a good choice but most of them are 21 speed and I don’t see me needing that many gears.

I don’t want to spend a lot of money just to find out I don’t find it as enjoyable as I did when I was young, and I end up with 2 bikes in the basement.

I would appreciate any common sense suggestions going forward, maybe some your own stories if you can relate to my confusion.
Referring to the BOLD -- Is it a World SPORT with racing bars? IF SO, simply rotate the bars so the bar ends are pointing to the front and the sky at a 45 degree angle then carefully ride around sitting upright and see how things feel.