Old 10-20-23, 11:16 PM
bironi
bironi

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 299 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by mrv
it's only been the last few months I've attempted riding roads (mostly dirt) on a fixed gear. So far the overall ride is probably slower as I'm still learning how to approach intersections at speed and stop quickly... with my foot in the right position to kick off smoothly again.
And then there's downhills - I am definitely faster freewheeling downhill. I think, due to : 1. confidence; 2. coasting over bumps & holes in the road with my weight off the seat; 3. leg speed; 4. and that confidence to stop quickly

only the last 2 weeks or so did i start figuring out the whole - lock the rear wheel thing - by kind of weighting forward a bit and pushing pretty hard with the feet in the wrong direction. Usually only on the loose dirt, I'm not looking to trash a tire.

cheers.

ps: i'm having a harder time track standing fixed. with a freewheel, i'm used to being able to back pedal and NOT go anywhere! now it's fixed, ..... i'm not used to it yet.
Once you're used to the fixed the track stand is easier than the freewheel. Sit on the saddle when you have the standing nervous thing nailed.
Likes For bironi: