Old 10-22-23, 05:36 PM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 423 Posts
Still don't need any bikes.. a ridiculous Sunday was spent and a Motobecane Grand Touring came home. Still in the van, but pictures to follow after the sun's back up. I bought it from the original owner, though a cousin had borrowed it for an indeterminate number of years. It's spent 99 percent of its life in a garage though. I looked at some catalogs last night and haven't found a match. This bike has a Stronglight 49? Crankset and Mafac brakes and levers. The shifters and derailleurs are Suntour. It looks to have low miles, but I think I'll need to clean out what's left of 50 year old grease. The rear wheel is a bit out of true and it sounds like the derailleur guard is loose or rubbing, so I'll have to check that.

Here's the pictures from the listing. The stem was so high that it only just covered the expander cone slit. I checked the stearer tube and there's no damage. I hope he wasn't realy riding it like this, but no harm, no foul.

Last edited by bark_eater; 10-23-23 at 07:08 AM.
Likes For bark_eater: