View Single Post
Old 10-25-23, 09:18 PM
Chancy

Bikes: S&S Santana Beyond & S&S Santana Arriva. Trek Domane 3.

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
I just had RIGHT knee replacement Monday morning. Like most, I’d had trouble with it for several years. Fortunately, in my case, it wasn’t preventing me from riding, nor even presented pain while riding. The one exception was that I couldn’t pedal out of the saddle. Just too much pressure on that knee. The doc and PT cleared me for stationary pedaling with very low resistance. (Note: Make sure you set up your trainer before you go in.) Twenty-four hours later (yesterday) I was on the trainer for 15 minutes. But, I was still feeling the affect of the general anesthesia, and had some range of motion in the surgical knee. Today (Wednesday), the GA has completely worn off and am experiencing significantly more pain. Not as much range, so I dunno if I’m going to try today or not.

Dan
Dan,
Keep up the posts. I am going for my right knee in 9 days (Nov 3rd). Like you, I can ride fine but walking limited. I am interested in your progress. It sounds like you had a nerve block on your leg along with general anesthesia. They say the nerve block wears off in 2-3 days and then the real pain of knee replacement kicks in. Good luck on your recovery.
Tailwinds,
Charlie