View Single Post
Old 10-28-23, 12:50 PM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick
If you are forced to look away due to the brightness, this means they are using them after dark.
No, it does not mean that at all. For an easily accessible counter example, try looking at the sun. I am routinely forced to look away from excessively-bright and poorly-aimed bicycle headlights during daylight rides -- especially on MUPs, where usage of such is particularly ignorant.

Originally Posted by Rick
The flashers I use are only used in daylight. I have occasionally got compliments from motorists about how they can see me from a great distance..
If they are that bright, they are probably blinding road users at closer range. And there's no actual reason to be visible from great distances on the road, when the penalty for such is blinded fellow road users who are much closer to you, and who present the critical danger -- this is precisely why every civilized society has rules about automotive high-beam headlight equipment and usage. One could, if ignorant, drive around all the time with their high-beams on, and be noticed "from a great distance", but this would not have a positive effect on their safety nor that of other road users.