View Single Post
Old 10-30-23, 08:44 PM
sacr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Mirror, thoughts and recommendations

My cycling is mostly commuter and Ive just grown to old and stiff to comfortably turn my head to be able to see what is coming from behind me when I want to migrate to the middle of the road to do a turn or just simply see how close the cars are behind me, and or the type of car. I need a mirror. Fairly simple device so I purchased a generic type form ebay that bolted to the handlebars and looked the goods. Yet the mirror was not flat/of great quality and having it setup with angle of incidences/reflection at ~ 45 degrees(which is about the only way to setup it up on a bike) produced very blurred images that were basically useless.

My local bike shops dont offer much, bar end mirrors(dont think they'd work for me having to look even lower, as well as I have bar end shifters) or mirrors that tie on with rubber straps(they have to be kidding) no way they wont vibrate badly or slip out of adjustment.

Helmet mirrors, they look fiddly and risk of damage every time one puts their helmet somewhere. Rather something that was just bolted to the handlebars and a low care item. Solid metal would be fine, + a true optically flat surface. Where can I get such a mirror? (and dislike convex, too hard to really figure out how far exactly they are behind or how close they are to my side of the road)

Any other suggestions, thoughts. Thankyou.

Last edited by sacr; 10-30-23 at 09:04 PM.