View Single Post
Old 11-04-23, 05:18 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Liked 767 Times in 567 Posts
Wildlife sightings are one of the things I like about my daily ride and I have seen plenty of wildlife when touring as well. I have probably seen all of the large mammals and most of the medium sized ones while riding. I have seen a very long list of birds while riding ditto for snakes and other reptiles.

Here in Tallahassee we live in what is considered an urban forest so on my daily MTB rides even within the city limits I might see armadillos, beavers, bobcats, coyote, deer, raccoons, possums, rabbits, squirrels, aligators, a wide variety of snakes and turtles and many different and interesting birds. I have not yet seen one, but there is even the ocasional bear. On any given day I will see at least a few species from that list. My daily ride is in a wildlife rich area.

Also when I lived in Maryland my MTB rides were in fairly wildlife rich areas. I saw dozens of deer on most rides. I probably didn't see as wide a range of interesting species as here in Florida though.

On tour I have ridden across the country more than once and through various sections with lots of wildlife several times so I have seen most of the large species out west and many of the smaller ones. So moose, elk, bison, wolves, sheep, goats, and so on.

Last edited by staehpj1; 11-04-23 at 05:21 AM.