View Single Post
Old 11-07-23, 11:25 AM
Wireman134

Bikes: 81' Schwinn Sports Tour, 95' Mongoose Threashold MTB, 23' Schwinn Taff Comp build

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Shimano recovered in 2022 now not so much

Originally Posted by veganbikes
No not everything is made in Asia and not every place in Asia has high quality manufacturing and no they aren't all coming from the same factories and certainly not Bologna forks It is a under $100 suspension fork it has as little quality as one could get. People love to think there is a magical third shift where they are just stealing stuff and putting different labels on it and selling it out the back door. That is a fun thought but not based in reality.

No the tech is not always rocket science but that doesn't really matter. Not everything has to be rocket science. In the end a quality fork is different from a non-quality fork and the while the outside may be slightly similar because again the outside will generally be slightly similar the insides are different and the quality of the outers is different.

I am curious what Shimano has to do with this? I don't believe if I mentioned them at all and their issues right now are mainly due to not coming out with 12 speed Di2 MTB stuff keeping up with SRAM. Plus they are still recovering from the endemic as they had factories closed at different periods and many of their factories ran at lower capacity. I get it you don't understand the industry that is fine, nobody was expecting that of you. Please don't lump Shimano into "they must be hurting because Jeff Bezos sells knockoffs that look kinda similar" because of a lack of understanding of how things work.
https://road.cc/content/news/shimano...fall-18-302797