Old 11-09-23, 11:37 AM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikewolf
This week? Pieces of glass, a lot of them :-(
Where I ride I will run over a field of broken glass on the side of a highway I sometimes have to ride on, that glass goes on for miles till I get into the city limits, then it's all clean from there on in. I use Clear Motion Rhinodillo liners, they work much better than Mr Tuffy and they're lighter in weight. But they make tires today a lot better than they did 20 plus years ago, I'll run through that glass and rarely even slightly cut the rubber! Whereas before I would have sliced up tires. On my touring bike I use Schwalbe Almotion tires and I've been riding that same highway to get someplace, for several years, not even a slight cut; on my road bike I'm using Specialized Roubaix Pro tires and so far just a couple of nicks, but they're wearing out so next season I'm going to try something a lot different, and going with Vittoria Pave CG Open tubular tires I bought, I got those tires for less than 1/2 the retail price, with latex tubes and the Rhinodillo liners to see how they'll hold up, I also want to see how plush the ride will be vs what I currently use. I figured for $20 a tire, so what if they only last a season!
Likes For rekmeyata: