Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6353 Post(s)
Liked 4,956 Times in 3,413 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtracer
Many people ride with and without mirrors. If you don't want to fine.
So far you are about the only one that seems to partly understand my post. Essentially all I posted was that I don't use mirrors and gave a few of my reasons. Yet some want to criticise and other's seem to feel additional need to justify their choice. I didn't attack anyone for making their choice. So why do other's attack me for my choice?

Seems to me that we should want to talk about the safety part of my post and address the few cyclist that seem to use their mirrors to either brake check other cyclist's that are overtaking them to pass. Or those with mirrors that do unpredictable things that the cyclist or motorist overtaking them can't predict.

But they provide additional situational awareness and that is always a good thing.
I feel that I do have plenty of situational awareness. Few ever sneak up on me. I know when there is someone behind me. I generally know that a car is coming well before my Varia radar alerts me. Perhaps the 55 years of riding without them has tuned my senses so I pick up on clues others don't.

But it's not my intention to try and change the mind of those that use mirrors or wish to get them. I just want to make them aware of bad behavior from some that do use mirrors and ask them not to ever do that.