Old 11-16-23, 10:59 PM
Doug64

Liked 855 Times in 442 Posts
Originally Posted by djb
pretty much a moot point and they are no longer in production.
As I've noted over the years, my Supremes very much exceeded my expectations, being pretty damn durable while riding loaded through all kinds of countries, plus having a nice ride-- but very much with the caveat that I've been always very aware of the thin sidewalls and ride accordingly around sharp gravel, curbs etc.

For the majority of riding that I do, I'd be happy with a similar type of tire. This summer I found myself on some rather rocky gravel roads with the 1.6in Supremes, and really took it easy when the stones were bigger and it seemed logical that the risk of damaging a sidewall was getting more, so I just took it really easy and carefully over those sections.
What I failed to mention in my post and photo above is that almost any tire would have been badly damaged by the broken base of the bottle I ran over. That is why I'm going to try the Supremes on my next tour. I'm sorry I did not go further into the details of the incident.

I ordered 2 more Supremes the week after my front tire was trashed, now my wife and I have Supreme tires all around, and one spare.

Last edited by Doug64; 11-18-23 at 07:24 PM.