Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3917 Post(s)
Liked 1,971 Times in 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by terrymorse
Having done a fair amount of climbing on both bikes and skis, I can say that no garment ia breathable enough to evaporate the sweat when you're going uphill. Lots of strategically placed mesh and zippers are your best friends.

Gore has a "Shakedry" jacket that's very light and supposed to be very breathable. A buddy of mine has one and loves it. I think Gore has discontinued Shakedry, but the jackets still shows up on their website (black only):

RACE GORE-TEX SHAKEDRY™ JACKET MENS
What I'm saying. I climb fine in the rain in that Voler jacket. I change down to the vest or just take it off if it's not raining. One can take off the jacket and stuff it in a jersey pocket while riding or just stop for a moment. With any luck, all the riders in your group (if any) will decide to stop at the same time. My insulation layers are all synthetic, which don't hold water and dry quickly should it stop raining. I've tried wool and it sucked. I'm partial to Craft base layers, vests, and gloves. I haven't tried their jackets.

That Shakedry jacket is what I was referring to. If I were still mountaineering, I'd sure consider one.