View Single Post
Old 11-28-23, 08:22 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked 2,324 Times in 1,301 Posts

1977 Raleigh Competition GS
I bought this bike in 2016 from the original owner . He was 77 at the time and was unable to ride any more due to balance issues. He bought it in November of ‘77 in Cupertino , California. It still has the bike shop sticker on the lower seat tube. This was a bike that he never rode , it just sat in his garage . He told me he preferred his International over this. It has the original saddle date stamped 77 and the only things I changed were the tires, rear derailleur , and shifters with the D-ring tension adjusters . I got rid of the faded bar wrap and tried out a harlequin pattern for the tops. I have put plenty of miles on it since acquiring it.

1972 or ‘73 Super Mondia Special
This bike was found in a storage locker in Corona , California. I bought it on eBay from the lady who found it for a very reasonable sum. The saddle is original but not unused like the Raleigh’s . This bike saw some riding but the original equipment and paint was intact. The chrome still had clear coat on it which had yellowed . When I got it home I completely stripped the yellowing clear coat to reveal a very well preserved bike .
Likes For Kabuki12: