View Single Post
Old 12-01-23, 10:03 AM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1441 Post(s)
Liked 1,998 Times in 1,139 Posts
Originally Posted by Trakhak

All the MTB people I rode with in Maryland starting in the early '80's were also road racing guys. Except for a couple of dirt bike riders. They could handle their bikes on trails like nothing I'd ever seen. Unbelievable.

Yes, MTB guys have a tendency to sneer at road riders for some reason. (Have, or had; I doubt that it still happens much.) Again, I've never understood it, unless it's the usual human proclivity for seeing another, slightly different group as a monolith of subhuman alien outsiders.
even though I became a roadie - I still yell ‘DAMN ROADIES’ at almost every opportunity when I drive past road riders lol

I will display a grin or smile so they will realize I’m joking - but the last time I did this I could determine it was not well received so I slowed further and identified myself as a biker … (then received a smile in return) … and this particular time it paid huge dividends as I met some new area bikers that showed me the connections and links to marry the nearby out-and-back bike path to the area roads and dirt/gravel roads to create some great multi-surface loops

Last edited by t2p; 12-01-23 at 10:10 AM.