Old 12-03-23, 12:42 PM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked 342 Times in 218 Posts
Originally Posted by ShannonM
The Nitanium Logic tubing was spec'd by Ritchey and made by... Tange? True Temper? I forget, and it may have varied anyway.

Anywho, it was a high-strength, heat-treated steel with Ritchey's thickness and butting profile.
I'm pretty sure it was Tange. I think all the Logic tubing was Tange.

Originally Posted by ShannonM
Scott Nichol of Ibis, (AWKA "Chuck Ibis" for reasons that I cannot recall,) he of the Moron tubing, Hakkalugi frameset, and Handjob cable stop.
PS: "AWKA" = "Also Wrongly Known As"
"Chick Ibis" was a psuedonym that Scott used to be able to write articles or letters to the editor. If you paid attention, you knew who it really was (particularly since he owned the bike company Ibis!). But it let him have a veneer of deniability when he was being critical of products or industry practices in the early mountain biking era. By the time mountain biking matured a bit and most products were pretty good, he dropped it. But people remembered it. So "wrongly known as" seems like an odd description.