Old 12-05-23, 07:15 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 3,101 Times in 1,765 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
>>>>snip>>>>Got lost in the football game and forgot to add- Back in the early 1980s Moots offered clamp on canti bosses so one could do what you ask for. Change from 700 road to 584 MtB. Andy
Back in the mid-'90's a teenaged customer asked how he could add cantilever posts to a chrome BMX fork. I said that the only way I knew that would preserve the chrome (i.e., that wouldn't involve welding) was to add Moots Mounts.

The next time I saw him, he told me he'd emailed Moots to buy a set and got a reply from Kent Ericksen, the founder of Moots Cycles. Kent had said it was years since he'd had them manufactured and would be glad to buy some back if we found a source (or so I remember the kid saying, anyway).

The reason I remember that incident as vividly as I do is that, in those early days of online communication, I was shocked that a customer could email a company directly and get a reply from the founder of the company, no less. The computer-literate kid thought nothing of doing so, of course.

Last edited by Trakhak; 12-05-23 at 07:32 AM.