View Single Post
Old 12-10-23, 03:38 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3518 Post(s)
Liked 1,493 Times in 1,166 Posts
I do not think any of my USB Mini cables were provided by Garmin, most were bought on Ebay, shipped from Asia. But I bought some at Dollar Tree over a decade ago.

I have had one Mini USB cable not work as a data cable, it also had high resistance and would not pass much power for charging so I concluded it was defective and chucked it.

Some of my USB powered NiMH AA chargers also use the Mini USB cable, such as two of the chargers in the photo. But those are older chargers, the photo is over 7 years old.

If the OP does not have a Mini USB cable, he needs one for data transfer, which I mentioned in the first paragraph of post 12, above.

The photo above is from the last trip I did with one of the old Garmin GPS units with a black and white display, I could not charge AA batteries in the GPS so I had to carry more AA batteries on a long bike tour. Now I can charge NiMH AA batteries in my Garmin 64. (Garmin will tell you that it won't work but I used a work around so I can.) But I still need the Mini USB cable to do that.