Old 12-13-23, 05:04 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
Sorry, I missed where you listed all the specific the parts on your bike, definitely missed the wheels. I was making a generic comment. But in general, I stick to the comment that it often is not a good "bang for buck" to go to CF wheels compared to nice alloy ones (which you say you already have... but I didn't catch the weight. Also, in general, if a person is serious about getting to a goal weight (BTDT), they would look at the group that is lightest that fits their budget. There might be lighter options than Ultegra since you're looking at investing in a lighter overall bike. No offense intended.
Yeah, that's totally true re being lighter groupsets. I picked this bike up used with an ultegra groupset so I think that's what will stay. It's not a no expense spared weenie build since I'd have started with a totally different frameset if doing that, likely an older rim brake supersix evo hi mod or the like. I've actually debated picking up one of those framesets and moving parts over from the CAAD13 and selling the frameset. The stack on the supersix is a bit too low for me but I think I can make it work with some bars I like that have a slight rise to them.

Besides, the PO of this caad13 cut the steerer way too short. He apparently worked at a shop and I believe he did it incorrectly as well so that ends with my having much less steerer than I'd anticipated having. Womp.