Old 12-14-23, 06:31 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1027 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 448 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnin_Wrenches
If you're running 12-speed 105, Ultegra, or Dura-Ace Di2 you should be able to update firmware and customize shifting wirelessly through the E-Tube Project app on your phone. No cables required. The only caveat I will add is this: In the (rare) instance where a firmware update goes wrong, you will need a SM-PCE02 interface module to rewrite (and correct) the firmware as this function is not available through the E-Tube project app.

And with regard to the original question that started this thread... I get several weeks (at least) between charges with my Ultegra and Dura-Ace 12-speed Di2 systems, and I ride 200-300 miles per week. Good battery life is a big reason why I prefer Shimano over SRAM. Having to charge those SRAM batteries every 20-25 hours would drive me nutz .
Several weeks @ 200mi per week = roughly 1000mi? That's huge. Do you ride flat or mountains? I am asking, since the numbers of shift per ride certainly affects the range.

For the updates, you can't update your wireless shifters unless they are hard wired to the system.