View Single Post
Old 12-20-23, 08:08 AM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4558 Post(s)
Liked 1,697 Times in 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I think Kontact is very much put out that a lesser mortal than Saint Sheldon has dared present a comprehensive bike mechanic site to the world. Does it also irk him, I wonder, that John Allen has heavily edited Saint Sheldon's material and adds more and more of his own material to the archive every month? I'm not a fan, but I would never order him to cease and desist. He clearly has the blessing of the Sheldon Brown estate. Bike Gremlin is even more in the clear. If errors on a website were an indication it should be removed, would there be any Internet left? Not understanding at all the h8 being displayed.
You haven't been paying attention if you think I believe Sheldon Brown was never wrong. But his website is more complete and accurate. And that's because Sheldon acquired all of his knowledge the hard way.

This isn't a thread about how BikeGremlin.com should be removed from the internet - it is about even concrete bike information gets polluted and diminished by repeating and preserving poorly obtained and unverified information. Sheldon Brown wouldn't have said that Dura Ace cogs are spaced differently because Sheldon Brown has actually mounted a Dura Ace cassette on a bike or two.