Old 12-22-23, 07:10 PM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Liked 2,065 Times in 905 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewclaus
On my 50th birthday (almost 17 years ago) an older friend asked me how many 100 year old people I knew. I told him I personally didn't know any. He said, "You still think you're middle aged?" Some friend.

A lifetime of good diet and exercise, and a good choice of parents. lets me do pretty much everything I've always done. The other day on a rock crew working on a trail, I yielded my bar to a young guy who outweighed me by 50 pounds, just 'cause the weight was helpful, moving a 600-pound boulder. The only time I can remember feeling some age was during a giardia infection, which I got while hiking the Colorado Trail (again) about five years ago. And after a root canal in my 40s.
I drink like a fish and probably have what would be considered a poor diet... just finishing my dinner know...I think many people don't realize the power and health benefits of beer. I have one of those fit bits that tell me how much I sleep and it is usually between 4 and 5 hours but I am rarely if ever tired. Never have needed an alarm and I can only think of a few times in my life where I was actually waken up by the alarm. My wife says I am a freak as the minute i wake up I am out of bed wide awake.