View Single Post
Old 12-22-23, 08:28 PM
Alan K

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 333 Times in 259 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon_g2
Yeah I guess I just like to swap out the things that don't work from the get-go. Or not necessarily that they don't work well, but that may not last very long because they're not of good quality like it happens many times because manufacturers want to save a few pennies. So my reasoning is that if things could be changed for not a whole lot of money, and on top of that you can sell the removed parts then why not do so? But you guys all post very valid points. I came onto this forum to learn and I'm definitely getting an earful from some people but I'm sure most mean well lol
​​​​​​
You only need to be sensitive in assessing how well your brakes are working.
Various people have different style of interacting with each other but to be candid, in this thread I’ve not encountered any post I would consider offensive.

Enjoy your new bike, use it and don’t overthink.

[If you are really terribly keen about heat dissipation from rotors, as a few participants already suggested, use larger rotors.
If that isn’t possible, there’s always the DA rotors with Al layer shaped to dissipate more heat, specially at faster speed. All else inadequate, find someone to custom design rotors for you where instead of Al, a Cu layer is used - with better coefficient of thermal conductivity (a bit heavier though).
Here’s another option, use a wheel set that can use rim as well as disc brakes - combine the two together - it’s quite doable! ]
Likes For Alan K: