View Single Post
Old 12-29-23, 07:03 PM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked 1,099 Times in 413 Posts
Just another cardio ride but I’m quite happy about no real adventure but 50deg F at the end of December, and clear sunny skies, light winds from the WNW. I was on a section of the SRT that I ride a lot so no gandering, just riding and thinking. As the year end approaches, I was thinking about the past year and all the joys and sorrows that transpired. Excellent cycling adventures. No medical issues. Family continues to grow at the bottom and thin at the top. I was thinking about getting to be one of the real old men of the family now. Who’d have thought. I’s thinking about why, after several thousand years of development of the human race, greed, ego, lust and stupidity continue to “bubble to the top” and be rewarded by the masses. A’s wonder’n what will betide during my 73rd circumnavigation of our star.

Western approach to Schuylkill Canal Lock 60 with newly restored approach and slack pool. Outstanding job done.

Ah’s thinking about the fact that I’m relatively healthy, good home, great family, nice pile of bicycles that I enjoy riding. Think'n about still being able to ride 25 miles in one go without a rest stop, even this time of year. Think’n about the fine adventures and trips I’ve taken this past year and about what trips could happen next year. Think’n bout 3 more months of cold and snow and think’n bout bright, sunny, 90degF days. And, as I’m on “the Mule” today, I’m thinking about the Erie Canal.

Last edited by Prowler; 01-02-24 at 05:35 AM.