Old 01-03-24, 12:08 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2531 Post(s)
Liked 766 Times in 535 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
The move to electric vehicles has been a bit slower than I would have imagined, but it seems clear that they will comprise the majority of vehicles in another decade or so.

I have no plans to buy one, but probably will at some point if I live long enough.
Sorry, gonna call you out a little bit, you just in the other thread criticized those who post off-topic. What does this have to do with cycling? I wouldn't normally be annoyed, because I don't personally think going off topic is the worst thing a person can do. But to expect other people to take on the heavy lift of going to an all EV world is just too much. How are EV's going to "comprise the majority of vehicles in another decade", if people like you don't have any plans to buy one? Most cars built in the last 20 years can easily last two, three and much more decades. I see 50 year old cars everyday, and I don't mean fanatically well maintained examples at a Classic Car Show. There may come a time when people are forced to buy an EV even though their ICE car has plenty of life left. Life, but not necessarily a dollar value that can be used to leverage the purchase.