Old 01-04-24, 11:44 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Liked 72 Times in 46 Posts
They "sold me the Zizzo, not the steak".😁

A few months back, I posted a thread about me possibly buying a new Brompton and asked questions about gearing, etc. Try as I did, I could not pull the trigger on getting the Bromie for a couple of reasons. First, it had nothing to do with affordability because I had the budget to do it however, in the back of my mind, I strongly felt the price for one of these bikes outstripped the value. Nothing wrong with that brand's reputation or the utility of their bikes but again, I couldn't justify the cost of entry especially after considering what my intended use for the future folder would be for me.

First of all, I really didn't need the ultra-compact fold, nor do I need to commute intermodally or travel to faraway places. I am retired for one and second, I am not a fan of leaving the comfort of my small universe.🤣i

After some extensive searching online, I found what I believe is a really great folding bike at an irresistible price, delivered today via FedEx from Target.com. But enough of this jibber-jabber and just scroll down to see what I decided to get instead:

OK, the printing on the box gives away which brand it is. It is a Zizzo Liberte. It's a 23 lbs. wonder for 1/4 the price of a Brompton A-Line.

This thing came well packed in a double box and wrapped everywhere there could be a possible contact with the bike's parts.

Out of the box, free at last!

We have a seat-post and saddle.

It literally, required zero assembly other than inserting the seat-post. Even the pedals were installed.

A couple of photos of the cockpit and drivetrain.

It's an 8-speed, 48 tooth chainring, 11-32 cog-set. Not sure if it's a freewheel or cassette. I suspect it might be the later.

I apologize if the photos rendered big. I really was in a bit of a hurry to post this to the forum, and maybe later, I will get into more details. Today in Orlando, it is quite chilly and looks like it is going to rain. I'm not in a mood to go on a test ride until it warms up a bit more. In the meantime, I will take the time to go through the bike to make sure everything is properly adjusted and fasteners are appropriately tight. I am also going to spend time looking and admiring the thing. It is the most attractive folder I have ever bought. Yea, I know, us and our folders. (Roll-eye moment). LOL!

Ride safe folks.

Edward Wong III
2023 Zizzo Liberte

Last edited by edwong3; 01-04-24 at 02:33 PM.