tiger1964 

Bikes: Drysdale/Gitane/Zeus/Masi/Falcon/Palo Alto/Raleigh/Legnano

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked 684 Times in 423 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
----- wrt spoke cutter - VAR, ELDI & likely others produced them
have been using an ELDI which may be older than meself for a number of decades without problem
it cuts in a quick, easy & satisfying manner unlike diagonals
makes for a rapid and pleasant procedure
I eventually cheated and used my cable cutter, it worked fine; should have tried that before hurting my hands so much!

A few weeks on, I took time off for the holidays, and now I have lots of cups full of small parts everywhere for the three projects, plus I've been hand-scrubbing the parts too big for the ultrasonic cleaner. The Legnano's parts looked the roughest, and I presume because this bike had been used the most, it stayed in operation at least until the early 90's. The 3TTT handlebars are badly gouged in the center where they flank.the stem, might replace both the bars and the Nitto stem, I wonder if I should stick to 3TTT or also consider Cinelli or Fiamme.

I just back from the place that soda-blasted the frame and fork -- that was as great idea! I think the frame looks pretty good, I am not seeing much in the way of imperfections that a high-fill primer might not take care of. Hopefully, a session on the bench polisher makes the chrome look great as I am avoiding a trip to the chrome $hop. And I have a line on a place that is willing to paint it, and they referred me to a place that might be able to mix the color.

Last edited by tiger1964; 01-05-24 at 02:00 PM. Reason: .
Likes For tiger1964: