pepperbelly
old newbie

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked 390 Times in 203 Posts
Originally Posted by choddo
Wasn’t the Etape that year an absolute nightmare reaching over 35°C? Or was that 2023? Either way, chapeau for completing it. On my bucket list.

This is a really interesting thread. Congrats to the OP for the weight loss so far and I do think a lot of that will be down to ditching the junk which in itself isn’t easy. I struggle to walk past an open pack of anything. Except Krispy Kremes, those things are vile.

I think that loop/track is a tough one to do any consistent zone2 (seriously recommend a power meter and proper bike computer to be able to keep an eye on effort level but you seem to be doing ok with the HRM). Can totally understand getting bored so finding some new routes will help with both of those. Maybe even on road, don’t know what traffic is like in your area.

Did you resolve the aching tricep? Maybe was the saddle move, putting more weight forward onto your arms and bars. Maybe unrelated strain from something else too.
My arm finally stopped hurting. The only thing I can think of is I had a small muscle tear.
The weather started getting bad and I haven’t been back out yet but the indoor bike at the gym didn’t hurt it.
Likes For pepperbelly: