View Single Post
Old 01-07-24, 06:01 AM
staehpj1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked 767 Times in 567 Posts
Originally Posted by jnbrown
I am curious about these glasses. I have two pairs of Oakley and don’t like either one.
On one of them the arms come up too high and are very rigid. When I put on my helmet it pushes on the arms causing the frames to push against my face. Do you find the P17 have enough clearance for your helmet? Also I use a bike peddler clip on rear view mirror. It looks like the arms on the P17 might work with it. On my other pair of Oakleys it does not stay on and had to use silicone tape to keep it in place.
My Wiley X are the Twisted model. They look like they would be similar to the P17 in regard to how they would interface with the helmet and mine heve not had any issues with interfering with their fit because of the helmet (Smith Forefront 2). The Twisted have a real wide earpiece that probably wouldn't work with your mirror, but the P17 looks like it would be fine. Best to verify by trying them on though.

This is where buying local has an advantage. Take your helmet and mirror with you when choosing. Or order them in and try before commiting if possible. I probably paid more by buying locally from the eye doc, but could try them on with helmet before choosing since they had a variety of Wiley X models in stock. My eye doc is a mountain biker and recommended them or I wouldn't have even heard of the brand, but as it turned out I liked them.