Old 01-11-24, 07:31 AM
Dockhead

Bikes: Riese & Müller Multicharger GT 750; Dahon Jetstream EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by roadcrankr
You did not mention some important info, like where you live, if your rides involve hills, heaving a heavy bike up stairs, etc.
You might look into a Swytch Max conversion to use on your Dahon. About $700 with a spare battery. Adds under ten pounds total.
They would send you a second charger with the extra battery. You could keep that charger at work.
OK, so I live between Tallinn and Helsinki, have to deal with significant hills, live on the 3rd floor but with a good elevator, and bike room in the building. One big attraction of the Tern HSD is the compact storage stood up on its tail, in which position you can also easily manage it in elevators. Big plus. Not sure if the KTM also does that.

As to electric conversion of my Jetstream -- it's a full suspension bike without any real possibility to put a rack on it so I don't think this is going to do. I need to at least be able to haul groceries. A full sized SUV type bike would work if I had a trailer for bigger tasks, or a semi-cargo bike like HSD, or the KTM Multi Urban. The R&M Multicharger seems like a perfect balance between these two but it's awfully hard to justify the price.