Old 01-13-24, 07:50 AM
Dockhead

Bikes: Riese & Müller Multicharger GT 750; Dahon Jetstream EX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
No no no Vaast is not a cheap bike I was more responding to a different comment about someone suggesting you buy an e-moped instead. The Scottish comment was from an SNL sketch where Mike Myers said "if it's not Scottish, it's Craaaaap"

I doubt you will get warranty from an eBay sale. I would check with Vaast first and make sure they are an authorized dealer and confirm things so you don't get screwed.

In terms of weight 37kgs is quite heavy for any bike my bike is probably about 73lbs but has two 625wh batteries, I don't think even the SuperDelite which is full suspension and otherwise the same as my bike isn't that heavy.

However again buying used is a risk unless the bike is long out of warranty and you can get it inspected. A new bike my lose investment or something I really didn't care and still don't care I love the bike and will be riding it for a long long time. I don't buy bikes to invest in them. You own a yacht, a yacht is never a good investment you do it because you love it. I generally don't buy stuff like a bicycle for the resale value and don't really recommend doing it either. Get the bike you want and enjoy it and if you can't sell it for a ton of money many years down the line not a problem. Bikes are for enjoying.
Yes, the yacht is a great folly from a financial point of view -- a hole in the water you throw money into. Why I try to be ultra-sensible with all other things in my life, no car, etc.etc.

I don't fancy paying the depreciation on something like a R&M bike. A bike is not a car with hundreds of systems which you can't fix yourself and costing thousands or tens of thousands each to replace. I don't care that much about the warranty. I'm leaning towards a used Multicharger.