Old 01-15-24, 02:44 PM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Liked 72 Times in 46 Posts
Hey, thanks for your input. I did check all the fasteners and parts for tightness, and everything looks good. Even the brakes and shifter was adjusted right out of the box. Zizzo's tech(s) actually make sure the bike is ready to go almost as soon as you get it unpacked.

Yes, the fit and finish on this bike for the money I paid is outstanding. After pricing other 20 inch, 8-speed folders from Dahon and Tern, I did good.

I have watch many videos on YouTube and seen what is possible as far as mods and upgrades go. I am happy with the bike as it came and the 1 x 8 drivetrain is more than adequate for the terrain where I live. One guy from a YT channel called, "I bike unfolded", did add a second chainring to his Zizzo Forte which has the same drivetrain as the Liberte, and took it on a touring trip up the Rock Mountains. The bike performed perfectly.

Thanks again for posting.
Edward

Originally Posted by Duragrouch
Looks like a good component set; Not only a forged crank, but looks like hollowtech II style with external bearings. Tip: Double check the pedal installation torque; Many report with pre-installed pedals, them coming unscrewed and stripping the crank threads.

Looks like a much better deal than a Dahon Mariner 8, which is now over 2X the price. I see nice looking welds, looks like they were post-dressed. That crank, if 110mm BCD, is tailor made for a double chainring; Remove the chainguard, move the 48 to the outside, mount a 34 on the inside. For that oversize seat tube, need a special adaptor to mount a road (braze-on) style front derailleur, but not all will fit the adaptor, you need to check fit (notably, some shimanos don't fit, has to do with the linkage style).

I also like the 28 spoke front wheel, and laced, same as rear, whereas Dahon went 20 spokes and radial in front to save money and weight, and it's not as durable a wheel, and you need to carry more different length spare spokes on a tour.

I'm already set, but if they come out with that bike with disc brakes, I'll be tempted, especially with a 50/34 crank. You just can't get 400% gearing on a 20" with 1X gearing, the derailleur hangs too low. At least not with an 11 high cog. Maybe with a 9-36.
Likes For edwong3: