View Single Post
Old 01-17-24, 07:54 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4874 Post(s)
Liked 4,039 Times in 2,619 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
Thanks on the replies. On taking the cables out of the straddle yoke, I have found that to generally be a major pain, but I do understand.
Yes, wider rims would be a nicer solution too, but I already have the nice looking concaves. The 559s do seem that they will be fine and no new parts would be needed. I guess I was trying to think what would be perfect while cooped up in the winter deep freeze. Those Tektros do seem nicely made and very user friendly to set up. I can understand why they are often recommended. If I ever see a set of 539s at a swap though I will jump on them. Can’t have too many spare parts.
Different calipers are quite different in how hard that is. I find Weinmanns hard with cold hands and much prefer to do it with tools like a screwdriver but the Mafac Racers very easy. Especially so if you can find the straddle cables with the little tab below the free end.