Old 01-18-24, 02:26 AM
Duragrouch

Liked 586 Times in 474 Posts
(above) Just found online, posted by Zizzo:

https://euromini.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...-shipping-box-

The shipping box size for the 20" wheeled folding bike is 34" x 14" x 28"

That adds up to 76 linear inches total, which is way above airline max spec of 62". So... nope.

My Dahon Speed should squash down small enough, with only slight disassembly, unbolting the tall (not original) rear rack and nesting it low on the rear wheels. Smaller side view if I take the wheels off and put them beside the frame, but then that increases the width a lot. Hmm, Dahon's own folded dimensions provide a total of 67.3", and that's not even counting any box. I'm gonna have to play with schemes of taking the seat and possibly handlebar stem off, see how compact that packs, and perhaps just a box with the wheels and racks, and another with the folded frame and fork separate, which should be about 24" x 17", which is 41", that leaves 21" for the width, which should be plenty to fit the frame, seatpost, seat, and handlebar and stem. I'd rather bring the latter onboard, more value than the wheels, but the seatpost might be viewed as a potential weapon, so probably the wheels onboard in a bifold garment bag, along with panniers, and the frame and parts through checked baggage. What a pain. The folder on the train was so simple. But the seats were not comfortable, a half-day on the train was the max I could do.