View Single Post
Old 01-18-24, 07:28 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,852 Times in 613 Posts
@Erzulis Boat By the way, because yours has track dropouts it's most likely an "Olympic Sprint" or "Olympic Path" model. The same bilaminate lugs were used on both that and the New Allrounder until the spearpoint lugs of the Olympic Sprint changed for the 1951 model year. In 1950 both models would have had the lugs you've got and been distinguished by other factors, such as the dropouts and frame angles. The photos below are of the path models from the 1949 catalogue and an Olympic Sprint that is apparently transitional between the older "Olympic Path" with these lugs and the spearpoint Olympic Sprints. I'm not sure of the exact year on this bike, which I also shared earlier.

-Gregory

(EDIT: Well, the red bicycle below may actually have been an "Olympic Path" which I suspect changed to the Olympic Sprint with the introduction of the spearpoint bilaminate lugs. I've only seen the Sprint with the latter. I say this because I just noticed the second set of photos I have of the bike - including the full shot above - does not include the transfer with the model name so apparently that is a reproduction decal put on by someone between the two photo shoots, which I found a couple of years apart.)

Last edited by Kilroy1988; 01-18-24 at 08:21 PM.
Likes For Kilroy1988: