View Single Post
Old 01-19-24, 09:23 AM
Erzulis Boat 
Le Crocodile

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 793 Times in 312 Posts

It's a steep fellow. I will measure, but it looks like head angle is 75 degrees or so. As seen, frame/fork/headset it weighs 6 pounds 7 ounces.

Confirmed it's a 1.125 top tube diameter, but I knew it was "oversize" the first time that I picked it up, "This is odd" I thought, only later did I find out that this was an option, I mean it's obvious. The pencil seatstays are "round-oval-round" and the fork blades are skinny as could be. I actually had a laugh when I held the fork.

Check out the brazed on washer to reinforce the pinch slot on the seat tube. Nice! I also appreciated that the painter didn't overdo things, and left the original tooling and file marks etc. The mistake is to put modern finishing standards and apply them to the vintage stuff.

The seatpost clamp is made from phosphor bronze and was then chrome plated. To those that asked, there is no brake drilling on rear bridge. I am thinking it was the top of the line Path (track) bike of 1950.

As I understand, the fork crown would be chrome, but either it never came that way, or more likely is that the repaint covered it. Either way, I am happy.