Old 01-19-24, 05:28 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 319 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
The problem with people is they assume they should get an answer right away and sometimes that doesn't happen. From the timing I see it is about 3 hours difference between when you first posted and then you had a second post complaining in that short time during the day nobody responded. Patience is very helpful. Some threads are super popular and some threads can get missed or maybe someone doesn't have useful info.

In terms of using a BB30 crank in the wrong bottom bracket there probably isn't instructions for it because no crank manufacturers recommend using the completely incorrect bottom bracket with their cranks. BB30 and BSA30 while both having a letter and both numbers the same are different cranks for different bottom brackets with different spacings. Not sure why the want to use Cannondale cranks and modify them to be a triple and put them in the wrong B.B. they make triple cranks and they make the proper bottom brackets for them.

As others have said above if you are going to go for it make sure you don't crush your bearings.
Thanks for your reply. I did post that second post in a moment of temporary desperation on my day off when I was hoping to gain some insight from anyone familiar with 30mm bottoms brackets (BB30, BSA30 or otherwise). I actually have several really nice conventional triple cranks I can use for this project but since this bike is more of a project bike, I have been satisfied with marinating on non-approved solutions to see if I can come up with something that will work. The potential that I might crush the bearings will be the final deal breaker if the 124 or 119mm spindle cannot be made to work. I have not given up partly because to me I wanted to be able directly observe how a proper install of a Cannondale BB30 Hollowgram crank. I have a used Cannondale CAAD9 BB30 road frame that I could press the BB30 bearings into, then run the standard configuration of double road cranks. But for some odd reason, I plan to put an Enduro Torqtite BB30 24mm bottom bracket in that one to run Shimano cranks. Meanwhile, the Cannondale Silk Tour 800 that I have that has a threaded English bottom bracket, but for some odd reason I got it in my head that I could make this non-standard splined 30mm axle work with my Hollowgram crank arms with a 104/64 spider.

I will probably slowly advance this thread to give updates on how the 119 or the 124 spindle either didn't (or did) work out.
Likes For masi61: